- Managed a team of 10 high-performance software engineers that design, develop, and deploy AI-powered perception and planning software solutions for industrial robotic applications
- Inspired and motivated the team to achieve goals faster by working together as a cohesive unit
- Worked closely with engineering partners and executive team to drive organizational alignment
- Led 3 cross-functional teams from prototype through production and increased 5 efficiency measures by 25%+
- Led a scrum team of 5 and administered all Agile/Scrum processes including roadmap planning, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives
- Technical lead for key projects including first deployed fully autonomous materials handling robot for Osaro’s largest customer
- Led development and managed release process of the interface between Osaro’s production-level control and sensing algorithms and the lower level controls of robot platforms
- Designed and developed high-performance control interface to a suite of industrial robot manipulators that improved motion smoothness and increased speed by 50%
- Developed a novel patent pending grasp approach method for robotic piece picking using depth predictions of the scene
- Led a team of engineers to setup, integrate, and commission doors on and doors off robotic automation cells.
- Improved control algorithms for multiple automation cells in general assembly area to ramp-up Model 3 production in General Assembly to reach 5000 cars per week target.
- Programmed, setup, integrated and commissioned automation systems for toner filling and packaging plant.
- Programmed Fanuc and Epson robots for various pick and place tasks using vision.
- Planned, setup and commissioned the OPC PI interface for Allen-Bradly controllers to monitor controller tags and calculate OEE.
- Developed an automated system to shake bags of the fill room dust collection system.
- Configured Lexium servo motor drivers using SoMove software for index conveyors and fillings systems.
- Developed automated techniques for quality check and product verification using Cognex vision systems.
- Optimized robotic applications to maximize production output and reduce downtime.
- Supported maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
Graduate Teaching Assistant & Graduate Research Assistant
Multi-Agent Biorobotics Lab, RIT
Aug. 2014 - May 2015
- Instructed and graded student lab activities and addressed student questions and concerns
- Developed a new lab on Baxter robot for Advanced Robotics (Graduate level course)
- Worked for MKS Instruments to build a GUI for Fault detection toolkit using C#
- Wrote PLC ladder logic to interface the new auger servo motor controller to existing Modicon PLC and modified existing ladder logic to interface with developer pack filling process components
- Designed, configured and commissioned operator control screens for the Magelis HMI (Human Machine Interface) to provide operator control interface for the new developer pack filling process
- Assisted in configuration of network address translators, and managed and unmanaged network switches to support Packaging Area PLC and controls Ethernet connectivity
- Implemented the Cognex vision system to verify proper bottle cap presence and placement
- Built and led a team of 14 multidisciplinary engineers to design and develop India’s first low-cost human-scale tele-operated humanoid robot called ‘Dexto:Eka:’
- Prepared a 3-D model of the humanoid robot to present my idea to the sponsors and other team members
- Developed a project plan and Gantt chart, scheduled and led team meetings, prioritized and assigned weekly action items, and supported each group to make sure they are going on the right track
- Published and presented the research done at various international conferences around the globe
Indraprastha Power Generation and Pragati Power Co. Ltd.
May 2012 – Aug. 2012
New Delhi, India
- Analyzed layout and control system of two coal based and two gas based power plants
- Designed alarm system for boiler of a coal based power plant using SCADA software
- Improved the fault detection and diagnostics system by adding features to existing Allen-Bradley interface
- Redesigned the control system of antenna scanner test system to decrease the test time by 32%
- Acquired and validated test data using DAQ National Instruments Hardware and LabView Software
- Conducted and delivered many seminars on ‘How to build a battle robot’
- Organized and managed various national level robotics events